not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Missing My Dad.

I'm so grateful to my amazing friends here in California that have been so generous and accommodating. Right now I'm staying at my friend Grays house while he's in Mexico, driving my friend Lauren's car while she's in Costa Rica. I have taken full advantage of this empty house and have done nothing but laid around, relaxed and done a daily yoga class. I've had lots of time to be with myself and to think, and my dad has been on my mind and in my heart a lot. Missing him comes in waves...sometimes it's okay, other times it's devastating. I guess what set me off was the luggage. I was sending my mom home with one of my suitcases and I realized that it still had my dads luggage tag on it. With his handwriting. And then this morning, while cleaning out my Dads garage, my mom found paintings that my Dad had been working on...one of which is me long boarding. Just missing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment