not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Lifers.

I was really bummed to leave my northwestern beauties, but I'm incredibly grateful that we were able to connect. I love when the planets align like that. It was well worth the drive up to Santa Barbara to dance-it-up and throw-it-down with some of my favorite peeps. I saw them off when they went to the wedding (that they were in town for) and then I hopped into the car and headed south to Newport for my dinner date with Andy. I actually cried a bit when I left-- I have been on the "go" so much that I forgot what it's like to be in the company of tried-and-true-life-long-love-you-no-matter-what-friends that allow you to fully let your guard down, and who are there to nurture ME. I made a commitment to see more of Jules and the crew, and so it will be.

I arrived in Newport just as Andy was finishing up his real estate class. Andy is another "lifer" who keeps me in check, but best of all- he inspires and fuels the little "business man" that lives within me! We had so many laughs as we cruised town, ate dinner and talked 'shop'. He has helped me so much with building Golden buddha Yoga, and giving me the courage to live an inspired life through my company. Alas, it was early to bed for us and early to rise-- enjoying a morning stroll along the beach before we parted ways....

I knew that Brookie had to work in the morning, but I was hoping that she had a later client-- thankfully, she did! Turns out that she lives less than a mile away from Andy. So I rolled over to her house and we caught up, sipped tea and she filled me in on life since their return to the west coast. I cuddled with Jakey (her fabulous furry chocolate lab) and before leaving for work Brooke demanded that I get some fucking REST. She instructed me to soak in the tub, drink some tea and take a nap. She left for work and I followed her instructions....and my body was grateful for the FOUR HOUR NAP and epic soak session. Feeling rested and nourished and ready for a bit more relaxation....

Yes, I've had a full plate lately-- but I'm lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life to visit with!

No comments:

Post a Comment