not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Throwing Coconuts

Yesterday I stepped into my power.

I have been so hesitant to make changes that were necessary for me to grow, simply because I was afraid. And the other day I sat with my fear, decided that it was time to face it all, stand up for myself and to verbalize a decision that was already made in my heart. The moment the decision was made I knew that it was right, for everyone involved. And the response I received was reassuring that this indeed was the right path of action.

And so. New beginnings. Deep breath in....and release. Quite fittingly, this morning we had an excursion to two temples. The first was a Goddess Temple, adorned with fierce devatas of Durga, Kali, Laksmi and Saraswati. There were statues of warrior women wielding weapons, knowledge and beauty in their multiple hands. They were so gorgeous, with intricate detail, and you couldn't help but to stare in reverence. I was able to acknowledge their existence within me. I left standing a bit taller, with a fierce flame burning on the inside. The second (and last temple) that we went to was the GANAPATI (Ganesha) temple in Trivandrum. This temple is on the corner of a busy square, and the energy is exciting and enticing. Here, with an intention in your heart, you can buy coconuts and throw them against the wall....if they smash open then it means that Ganesha will help you remove that obstacle. I bought FIVE coconuts, meditated on what's blocking my path and my heart, and then boom, boom, boom, boom, boom....I smashed the shit outta those coconuts. Let me tell you, there is nothing more satisfying or liberating as smashing shit when you are angry, frustrated or sad. I think I blacked out with bliss after all of the mornings excitement, and came-to once we were back home at Somatheeram.

I started the day feeling slightly optimistic, and finished the day feeling totally confident, reassured and..."powerful and amazing".

No comments:

Post a Comment