not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rainy Day Healing.

I woke up at 5:30am, ready to conquer my VERY long 'to do' list. I rose, washed my face, brushed my teeth, neti'd, and then sat for pranayama and meditation. Okay- ready to kick ass and power through my list. First thing up: clean my room. The first thing that I went to tidy were my books. Now you should know- I hoard books. I love them. I wish that I could read all day long without getting tired eyes or having other obligations to tend to. Amazon and I are the best of friends, and 'he' sends me packages once a week...filled with books about spirituality, breathing, asana, and also bottles of Woodstock Almond Butter. Anywho, I order books that I know I won't have time to read, but I take comfort knowing that they are on my shelf-- ready for when I need them. Because that's the relationship that I have with books- they are there in the background, just ready and waiting- and when my mind is ready for them they jump out, demanding to be devoured. And so it was this morning with Blue Truth by David Deida. This book was recommended to me by one of my teachers during a Tantra training in India. Today was the day for it to be opened. Perhaps if I had opened it another day I would have put it down, gotten bored with it, or set it aside. But this morning as I sat on the floor and opened it up for a glance I simply couldn't put it down. I was frantically underlining nearly every sentence in the book, scribbling notes alongside, and marking my favorite lines with asterisks and hearts. I was crying, laughing, reading and re-reading. Needless to say, I didn't clean my room. But fuck it, it's MY room and I certainly don't mind the mess. Plus, I can always clean it tomorrow. Really though, noting on the list got done. I needed some time on my mat to digest all of the mornings reading. I was thankful that Stephanie Pazzaglia was teaching at our OC Zen Den. She's one of the new teachers and I dig her. Her classes are only an hour, they are straight and to the point without any fancy bells or whistles. She doesn't talk too much with the exception of some verbal cues and a reading at the end after savasana. I have taken her class a few times now and I love it because it allows me to get into MY body and have MY practice. Sometimes ill add a whole flow into one pose that she's instructed us into. I get to play with how MY body feels at that moment. The whole practice I do with my eyes closed and I so so enjoy the journey that I end up taking into myself.

I got home from class and figured that I've blown off my list thus far, why stop now? So I putzed in the kitchen, prepping and preparing food for whomever might walk through my door and need nourishing. In walks Lisa Mott. I'm not sure where to begin with Lisa, but she's a goddamn gift from above. Her knowledge of the physical body is endless. Add into that all of the understanding that she possesses of the emotional body and you have yourself a five star healer. Seriously though, I'm moved to tears when I think about how lucky I am to have come across her. She's not someone you go to for a measly massage to feel better or just feel good...you go to her to be *healed*, on both a physical and emotional level. We began working together because I had pain in my knee. After a "consultation" with her it turns out that my knee pain is caused by and reinforced by a weak core. Go figure! Also, my stance throws off nearly every limb in my body, and my shoulder pain is actually cause by a combination of deep seated grief and pain in the upper back (which she fixed through working on my armpit and side body). She is teaching me how to heal myself through rolling out [on foam rollers and balls], and she very patiently explains to me HOW and WHY this and that hurt, and best of all- how to fix it. True healing is a process, not a one stop shop. After years of visiting chiropractors, orthopedic doctors and holistic gurus...I'm grateful for Lisa.

If you have an ailment, ache, pain, or anything causing you discomfort- I would happily pass along Lisa's information. I feel like I want to sing and dance on the rooftop after my afternoon session with her. So grateful for her wisdom and full power healing hands and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment