not all who wander are lost.

Monday, October 7, 2013

200 Hour Teacher Training LOVE.

I am so obsessed with this group of trainees that Ari and I have for our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification. We have 16 *goddesses*. The energy in the group is fantastic, and everyone is so very eager to learn...to deepen their practice, their spirituality and their connection to the Divine. So, so, so in love. It is an eclectic mix of backgrounds, ages, and relationships to asana- which is what makes the group so *rich*. Yesterday, Faith (who is a chef down in cape may) brought us all quinoa salad (with sesame oil, fresh ginger, and fresh herbs!) and a finger-licking-good Lima bean hummus with local organic veggies. Kat is taking the time to make us a Facebook group, Carol lead everyone into a seated meditation, and Jackie had some great book recommendations for us. The sharing, the love and the camaraderie amongst the group is moving. I am so grateful to be part of such an amazing group. Another mind blowing addition is teacher Sarra Kaufman to the group. She is teaching the anatomy section to the students, but she offers so much more. I have more free time than I did this summer, so lucky me - I'm participating in this training not only as a teacher, but also as a student! I stayed for Sarra's anatomy lesson yesterday and was blown away by her introduction to such a (dry) subject. The body must be read as a whole....all the little pieces are what allow the bigger pieces to move; it's all connected. So she started out the lesson with a talk about Citta, showing us how it's all connected in the spiritual realm. I've never seen a teacher do this before and it was captivating. I have never seen an audience in "yoga anatomy" hanging on every word that the teacher said. Sarra wove in bits of Ayurveda as well, piecing all the fragments together to form a whole.

I'm looking forward to all of the learning that lies ahead....!

No comments:

Post a Comment