not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

MIRACLES: Day One

Again...though I would LOVE to do this throughout the whole book - my schedule is spread pretty thin and to honor my spirit and my body I cannot continue to post these. BUT, I know there are a few of you who won't be getting your books on time - and since this is a group effort, we are all supporting one another in the journey, here it is: day one!


May Cause Miracles
Day One
Monday August 5th


Day One: Witness Your Fear

Your goal today is to be the witness of your thoughts, actions and energy. When we're not aware of our fear, it takes residence in every area of our lives. Today's work is to raise your consciousness and open your mind to your fear-based patterns. You must witness your behavior if you want to truly change it. You must look at your fear head-on to recognize that believing its lies was a choice you made. Today you'll begin a journey of choosing differently.

Everyone has individual fears that are unique to them. Each of us picks up fear from our past and re-creates it in the present, then projects it onto the future. Projection is perception - therefore whatever fear-based beliefs you've been projecting onto your internal movie screen have become the film that is your life.

Morning Reflection Day 1:
Read the passage below, then sit for one minute of silence - close your eyes and breathe deeply in your nose and out your mouth. This minute of silence will let the message set in and permeate your being.

"Today I am the witness to my fear. I open my heart and mind to see how I have chosen fear over love. Today I will watch myself as if I"m standing across teh street peeking into the world that I have created. I will witness how my fears run the show. I will pay attention to my patterns. Without judgement I will become conscious of where my mind chose wrongly and how these fear-based thoughts have tainted my happiness. I know this practice is the first step to uncovering my destructive patterns to create powerful change. I am ready, willing, and able to look at the delusional thoughts I've been projecting. I'm willing to witness my fear."

Affirmation Day 1: I Am Willing to Witness My Fear
Whenever you notice your fears rise up during the day, repeat the preceding affirmation. Take this message with you throughout the day by plugging it into your phone as an hourly reminder. When the alarm goes off, read your affirmation to gently remind yourself to look courageously at your fear straight-on and say, "I am willing to witness my fear".


In addition to using your affirmation, set your alarm on your phone for noon (or your lunch break) with a notification called "miracle break". When your alarm buzzes, gently remind yourself to choose love over fear by reciting your affirmation.

Evening Exercise Day 1:
In your journal...

1. What experiences trigger my fear?
2. What thoughts trigger my fear?
3. What are the feelings that come over me when I am in fear?
4. How does my fear affect my behavior?

Be sure to take this step seriously, because we'll be reflecting on it in later weeks. Once you've identified a few of your fears, take a moment to determine which fears are the strongest. Chose your top three fears and then rate each one's strength on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the strongest). Write these fears at the top of a new page in your journal and repeat your affirmation out loud: "I'm willing to witness my fear, I am proud of myself for doing this work."

In your meditation space, place your hands on your knees, palms facing up, taking deep breaths in through your nose and exhaling out through the mouth.

1. take a moment to reflect on the fears from your day
2. allow yourself to become present
3. center in your body
4. breathe deeply in nose, out mouth
5. continue this cycle of breath
6. breathe in the feelings that came up for you today
7. allow yourself to honor any feelings of discomfort, anxiety, or fear
8. be present with your feelings
9. breathe in your feelings
10. exhale and release
11. honor and allow yourself to accept whatever feeling is with you now
12. take one last deep breath in and release



No comments:

Post a Comment