I LOVE BEVERAGES! Specifically warm, creamy, sweet beverages...like lattes, cappuccinos, and chai! Giving up sugar and milk, and caffeine, has been a bit of a challenge - but it's the name of the game on this candida cleanse. I have come up with some delicious alternatives though that I'm excited to share....
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon xylitol (made from the pulp of vegetables, super low glycemic index, 9 calories per teaspoon and great for your teeth!)
- 1in chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and smashed
- optional: fresh cinnamon stick, 2 cloves, and/or 1 cardamom pod smashed *All of these spices are great for digestion!
Chicory Root "Coffee":
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons roasted chicory root granules
- 1 teaspoon xylitol
- almond milk or coconut milk (unsweetened) to taste
- *The granules partly dissolve, and if you let it sit then they will settle to the bottom. You can strain it if you'd like, but I don't mind the granules. Chicory root is great for the liver!
Candida Alkalizing Lemonade :
- Juice a dozen lemons
- 1/2 cup of xylitol
- 1 quart distilled water
- *Lemons are alkalizing, xylitol is great for your teeth, and distilled water is a great way to stay hydrated. Also, lemon water helps to cleanse the body, cleaning our liver and kidneys (and also helping to assist in your morning bowel movement).
Apple Cider Vinegar Alkalizer:
- 2 cups of distilled water
- 3 tablespoons of Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teenytiny spoonful (the spoon that they give you with it) of Stevia
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- *Powerhouse, amazing, healing, healthy, nutritious beverage. Sip.All.Day.Long.