not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Eat Your Eggs!

Hard boiled eggs...one of my staples.
YAY AMAZON!! So pumped on my box of goodies that arrived today!!
LUNCH. 80% Veggies, 20% protein. Boom.
DECADENT. Seriously though - this stuff is crack. WOODSTOCKS Smooth Raw Almond Butter is the BEST almond butter that I have ever tasted (like a landslide win against any nut butter you've ever had). And Artisana's Coconut Butter is simply the best thing I've ever had in my life. Hands down. Put it in smoothies or shakes, raw treats or for cooking - but my favorite, just eat it with a spoon.
Eggs have gotten a bad rap somewhere along the line. And though I love every*single*page of Donna Gates lifechanging book, "The Body Ecology", I am most excited about what she says about my beloved eggs....

"Eggs help strengthen the thyroid. ...the cooked egg white has less nutritional value. Contrary to popular belief, it is the egg yolk that is most healthy. Eggs have cholesterol, but this is an important fat. The yolk contains lechtin, which aids in fat assimilation. Eggs actively raise the level of HDL, which is the good cholestorol, and they have the most perfect protein components of any food."

No comments:

Post a Comment