not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Celebration Through Ceremony

Celebration Through Ceremony

Today is the Sri Lankan New Year. New Year = New Beginning (you can never have too many of those!). What better way to celebrate than with a ceremony? So I walked around town picking flowers, I wove a 'basket' and bought some incense; I set up an alter, got some pens and paper, and bada bing-ceremony time. I shared in this ceremony with my (new and wonderful) friend Serena. Reena loves Jesus. She actually teaches scripture classes at a catholic school. And I'm down with Jesus too. So I also read her declaration that she wrote up, which is so so beautiful. Later I read it again and inserted "the divine" where she used Christ- and I encourage you to make this declaration (to whomever your god is) as well. We are bountiful, beautiful, blissful beings. I'm grateful for the opportunity to let go of things that don't serve me and to embrace my vision for the year ahead. It was so nice to be able to share space and hold space with such a rad chicky-mama. It felt particularly good burning my "let go" paper in the fire I made. Rooftop ceremonies = Pure bliss. Namaste. 



No comments:

Post a Comment