not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

White Rice Diet...

Go figure, the first time I get "Delhi Belly" in India isn't from the dodgy 7rs badgee I ate in the Delhi railway, nor is it from the street food that I grub on as I wander, and it's certainly not from Indian food that I eat 3x a day at my beloved hole-in-the-wall, Ganesha Cafe. No, I have been toilet-bound for the first time in 4 months because I ate at a healthy restaurant serving Western food. GAH, someone please, put me out of my misery. I will never eat salad or hummus EVER AGAIN. I feel like death, and after spending too much time in my bathroom, I finally sucked it up- took some Imodium and ventured out for some fresh air. I just ate some plain white rice and plain chapati @ Ganesha and that has my tummy rumbling so I'm headed back home, cursing myself for straying from my down-and-dirty local-food-only policy. Hopefully my final two days in India won't be spent eating white rice in the comfort of my bathroom....

No comments:

Post a Comment