not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Show Night in Sri Lanka.

Last night I was a part of a Female Vocalist showcase at the Rampart Hotel in Galle. The event was to raise money for United World Schools, and there was four of us who performed: Natasha (a harp playing, jazz singing badass mamacita from Colombo), Talula (a young vocalist who did some great covers), Sophie Barker (the lead singer from the famous band Zero7) and then me. The turn out was ammmmazing, way better than predicted or anticipated, a packed house. Before the show I fueled up with a cappuccino before changing into my "sassy sexy mama" dress and rocking out. Stu came along to support me, and he rallied two new people from our Guest House. All of my friends from Galle came out to support as well, including my karaoke partners in crime Jan and Errol. It felt great to be surrounded by my community on such a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment