not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

After the party...

...is the after party, at 23 Palms.

So let me give you a bit of background information. All of the rich and beautiful Sri Lankans from Colombo (it's like the NYC to the Hamptons) come to play down the beach here on the weekends. The parties are planned and hosted by people from Colombo...they provide the bartenders, the DJs, the lightshow, etc. "23 Palms" is just a luxury villa that has been rented out for 9 days, and for each of those 9 days they are having a party, each day with its own unique vibe. Last night it was 1,000rs admission and then drinks started @ 500rs and went up. I wasn't drinking, but the rest of my posse was...and then some. The theme for last night was funk and soul, with live music in the beginning of the night, moving onto multiple DJs as the evening progressed. I was ready to dance, and that's what I did. At first it was only Tatiana and myself on the dance floor, her boyfriend joined shortly after-- and within 20 minutes people started to let loose too. We were all covered.in.sweat. It was glorious. I was obviously in my bare feet, and when we got home at half past 3 in the morning I scrubbed them for a good 5min, unable to get rid of all of the dirt embedded in my toes.

There was fireworks, fire dancers, beautiful people, epic music and beautiful lounge areas and twinkle lights adorning all of the palm trees....but all I cared about was dancing. It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment