not all who wander are lost.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Greens on the Go.

Yoga, massage, CrossFit, yoga....running around, in my car, outta my car, back in my car. Oye. It's great, but it leaves little time for eating properly, and healthy. I usually have a hard boiled egg in my glove compartment at all times so I can fuel up in between jobs and workouts, but lately that hasn't been enough. This morning I whipped myself up some antioxidant packed sautéed greens, and protein filled white beans.


  • Small head of kale (rinsed, de-ribbed and chopped)
  • Small head of Swiss chard (rinsed and chopped)
  • One can of cannellini beans, rinsed
  • One clove of garlic, grated
  • One small chunk of fresh ginger, grated
  • Cumin
  • Salt
  • Coconut oil


This whole recipe, prep and cook and all, only takes about 5 minutes. So while my coffee was percolating I whipped it together. It can be enjoyed warm or cold and is super delicious.

Put coconut oil in a skillet. Add ginger and garlic and cook for a minute before adding in the greens. Sprinkle with cumin and salt and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the beans to the mixture, toss and then cook for another minute. Boom. Brunch/lunch/snack of champions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment