not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Best.Day.Ever

Go ahead, judge me. I don't mind. That's what happens every time I confess to someone that I'm obsessed with Twilight. I've gotten a lot of criticism over the past few years for being a Twi-Hard, and now I just shrug my shoulders and move along if someone starts in on me about it. As I've said before, Twilight became an escape for me during a very painful, challenging and sad point in my life. It was a fantasy world filled with love, good morals and a happy ending. I read enough philosophy and literature that I don't feel bad about reading the occasional "beach read" novel (and PUH-lease, it's much better than the uber-trashy 50 Shades of Grey series). Today there was a Twilight MARATHON leading up to the 5th and final film, Breaking Dawn Part II. Hayley Huff, fellow Twi-Hard and Yogini, was my hot date and our epic day began at with a yoga class at the Zen Den. Thank god for that class because the food that we consumed throughout the day consisted of hoagies, chocolates, sour patch kids, soft pretzels, pizza and popcorn (side note: hayley and I purchased an apple and banana, alas they were the only two food items left untouched). We drank mimosas and a bottle of red wine, along with a KING sized club soda. Every movie was just as enjoyable as the one before, and it was great to enjoy my favorite series in a theatre full of people who love the story as much as I do. By the time we were on the 3rd film we had made friends with most of the people around us in the theatre, and had gotten cozy with the blankets and pillow that I brought along. The fifth and final film was way better than I thought or could have anticipated, and my full 12 hour-movie-theatre-marathon turned out to be one of the best days that I've had in a long time. Team Edward til my dying day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment