not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mountain Bound

I am a beach girl, who (secretly) is in love with the mountains. This photo is from one year ago when I drove cross country. I hiked the Hanging Lake Trail in Glenwood Springs, and it was ammmmazing.

My love affair with the mountains began three years ago in Latacunga and BaƱos, Ecuador. There is something totally majestic about the mountains, and maybe it's just the high altitudes, but I always feel a bit high (spiritually speaking, of course...) when I'm playing in these heights.

I'm sitting in the Philadelphia Airport now, Au Bon Pain hot tea in hand (chamomile with lemon and wildflower honey). I have my favorite traveling boots on, my beloved rucksack (50L Marmot), with my yoga mat strapped to the side. When I went to bed last night I was super anxious, I actually debated not going through with this trip. It's not even a trip, more of a "jaunt", and it's not even international...but I had hesitations about leaving my mom and leaving the comfort of my routine, and these feelings were definitely a first for me, usually I'm ready and raring to go for the next adventure. I finally fell asleep last night at 4:30am, after tossing and turning and stressing and crying all night. My alarm went off 15minutes later...

Feeling better now, excited to see good friends, excited to have some outdoor adventures. Anxious about leaving my momma, anxious about how much I'm missing my Dad, but with each sip of this Egyptian chamomile I'm beginning to relax into the next few days of fun...

Boulder, Colorado. Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment