not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Long Day.




Mom and Dad. 


Last night we had to take my Dad to the ER because of his throat. I was laying down in one of the chairs, eyes closed, somewhat dozing-off, when I caught the whispers. The conversation went:

Dad: "You're the best"
Mom: "YOU'RE the best"
Dad: "No....I'm not. I have nothing. I'm sorry."
Mom: "That's not true. If I'm the BEST, then you must be pretty great too - or else I wouldn't have picked you. You make me better, and I make you better."
Dad: "Yeah....... I love you."

It went on along these lines for a while. Beautiful and heart-breaking all the same. We eventually got discharged and got home late late at night, just in time for me to catch a few hours of sleep before beach yoga...

Beautiful full moon.

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you; 
Don't go back to sleep. (Rumi)


Susan and Eileen.

Beach yoga was a bit overcast at first, but I was grateful for the beautiful cool breeze. Also, I had the most quality bunch of yogis who were an inspiration to push through my sad and tired funk. 


After yoga I got home and we discovered a cute itty bitty baby bunny hiding near the woodpile, and even though he has probably been eaten by a cat between now and then, well - the cute little bugger made me smile. 

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."





Tonight was my final night at singing at the Stone Harbor Golf Club. Long days, hard days, sad days...and then there are Sundays. Though I'm not always inspired at the end of the week to serenade the SHGC patrons, I always end up having a good time once I arrive. Love and Gratitude to my amazing SHGC family who feed me, love me, keep me wine glass full and who offer up prayers for my family and me on a daily basis. (Ruthann even stopped by the hospital last night with a SHGC bag of goodies, snacks and beverages!).

"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes." --Ee Cummings


No comments:

Post a Comment