not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Friends.

Life is challenging- even if you try to avoid pain or conflict, there are obstacles that you will encounter more often than not. There is a quote that says just because you're a vegetarian doesn't mean that a bull won't charge at you- just because you're kind doesn't mean that the world is going to treat you kindly. No matter how righteous of a path you may lead, no matter what "plans" you've made for life...Life sometimes has other plans for You. And this, this is why we have friends. The people who laugh with you during the good times, cry with you during the sad times and just sit with you when you need to sit. My family and I have been blessed with an amazing bunch of friends who love and support us. As we sit in the hospital now we have friends prepping the house for hospice and our return, we have people checking in and bringing flowers and cooking meals and saying prayers. I have received countless emails, Facebook messages and texts offering up kind words and love- thank you thank you to everyone for that. Last night I had a packed room at Living Well for my Yin class (a room
Full of good friends) and we all enjoyed food and cocktails at Steve and Cookies afterwards. This morning I had only one person at my 7am, and it just so happened to be my friend Marie - who brought us coffee and scones. We sat in the dark room with the faint shining of the twinkle lights, listening to beautiful music: I cried, we laughed, we did a bit of Yin yoga and it was just what I needed. Back in Philly now with my family. My Dad opened his eyes and looked at me for a few seconds before going back to sleep...and now, little moments of recognition like that are precious.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together- keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." --Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment