not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Allow a Let-Go.

I have been waking up with the most horrendous stomach aches for the past week. I tried eliminating things from my diet, and adding things, and wasn't quite sure what it was. Then I finally figured out that it wasn't so much a physical thing as it was an emotional. I've been holding onto a lot lately - and it was time for a let go. I've been holding onto how I think things Should be, what I want the path To be. As always - the universe offers up what you need when you need it, and moments after my revelation I stumbled across an amazing quote:

"In the end, the treasure of life is missed by those who hold on, and gained by those who let go." -- Tao Te Ching #75

Osho always knows just what to say, so I looked up "Let Go" in his book: "The Book: An Introduction to the Teachings of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh: Series II I to Q".

"Allow yourself a let-go. Flow naturally and let that be your way. Walk, and by walking, make your way. Don't follow superhighways. They are dead, and you are not going to find anything on them. Everything has already been removed. If you follow a superway, you are moving away from nature. Nature knows no ways, no fixed patterns. It flows in a thousand and one patterns, but all spontaneous. Go and watch...sit on the beach and watch the sea. Millions of waves arising , but each wave unique and different. You cannot find two waves similar. They don't follow any pattern.

No man worth the name will follow any pattern.

People come to me and they say, "Show us the way." I tell them, "Don't ask that". I can only tell you how to walk; I cannot show you the way. Please try to see the distinction: I can only tell you how to walk - and how to walk courageously. I cannot show you the way, because the way is for cowards. Those who don't know how to walk, paralyzed, for them the way exists. For those who know how to walk, they go into the wilderness, and just by walking they create their way."

1 comment:

  1. I very much needed this today. A lot of necessary letting go. The peace found in those two little words is vast. Thank you. Have been thinking of you and your dad a lot lately. Sending peaceful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete