not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Living WELL.

Jean, Brooke, Lauren and Carmen in supported headstands in Wednesdays Sweaty Vinyasa / Yin class @ Ocean City Zen Den (922 Asbury Ave).



 Holy shitballs...it feels like every day of mine is full - every.single.minute. But, I'm okay with that. I have been seeing Dr. Adonis for my knee/hamstring lately and there have been miraculous results. After NO success with my Orthopedic, and no help from my doctors - my knee and hamstring are completely pain free for the first time in a year (and after only 3 visits). Dr. Adonis is the man who has me teaching Yin at his CrossFit center. So the other day (after my truck broke down and I was stuck with Chris Paisley at Living Well CrossFit) I was peer pressured by trainer Chris Paisley to finally try out a cross fit "WOD" (workout of the day). I was ill prepared - bare feet, bathingsuit, and a negative attitude towards exercise. Well, I only worked out for about a half hour - but it kicked my ass. Pullups, rowing, air squats, crunches, pushups, hell. Surprisingly, I felt good after - invigorated. 

Next day - not feeling as epic, but feeling strong. It was a GOOD tired. Now, two days after the workout I feel exhausted - I can barely bend or lift my arms - but I have been reassured that the first time is the most painful and then it becomes less painful as time passes. 

Well, last night when I was teaching YIN at Living Well CrossFit, I read a quote from Osho about pain (yin poses can be quite uncomfortable...):

"When pain disappears, the desire for pleasure also disappears. When you are not in anguish, you don't ask for indulgence."

So instead of the fighting and resisting the pain, I'm surrendering. I'm super excited for the SIX classes that I'll be teaching these next three days, and I can't wait to get back into Dr.Adonis's office, and into CrossFit.

I'm Living WELL...how are YOU living?

No comments:

Post a Comment