not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wave Sliding Wednesday

Yesterday was a glorious day from start to finish. Taught my 9:30am flow class at the Ocean City Zen Den {922 Asbury Ave} and had 9 beautiful women in class. It was especially great because my friends Bridget, Kaitlin and Megan were able to come - and probably for the last time until Fall {they all work round the clock in the summer}. There were some new faces in class: Erin and Jess, and some previous (amazing) ZenDenners: Shelby and Angela, and then a special surprise were my friends Brooke and Lorraine (Brookes mama) who happened to be in town. Beautiful, magical morning. 


After class Bridget, Megan, Kaitlin and I headed to my favorite place in the worlddddd (or should I say favorite cafe in New Jersey?): Who's on 1st Cafe. It is simply the BEST, and Mila (the most spectacular beautiful kind and wonderful Barista) was working which always is a plus.  We had 3 lattes and I had the most spectacular grilled cheese with asparagus on it and fresh pesto. Holy shitballs, it was ammmmazingly finger-licking-good. 


I had my board with me...which has been no easy task . As soon as the girls left the cafe, I got a text from a friend saying that the waves were super fun. It was pouring rain, but the air was warm and I had my wetsuit in the truck. I headed to Delancey and surfed for over 2 hours with just 3 other guys out. Wave after wave after wave after wave....nose ride after nose ride. The rain maintained a steady downpour throughout the session, but that couldn't shake the smile from my face. There is nothing, truly nothing, that beats a surf session like that...where your whole body and soul just seems to be in alignment with the universe. Hallelujah.


After surf I headed to my friends Jay + Marthas house to use their outside shower and to hang out for a bit. Martha has two art shows coming up so it was great to get a peek into her studio and see what she's been working on. All of her artwork is inspired by her travels in Europe this past winter with her husband, and she's also painted me playing music into one of the pieces! 

I still had some time to kill before I headed to the Zen Den (in Margate) for my 5:30pm Yin, so I bopped in and out of a few thrift shops, picking up some treasures. Taught Yin and then headed to Northfield to teach my third class of the day: another Yin class @ Living Well Holistic and CrossFit Center. Living Well is owned and operated by Dr.Adonis Alejandro, an amazing chiropractor and CrossFit coach. I love Living Well, I love Dr.Adonis,  I love all of his CrossFit clients and I love teaching Yin here. After class we went back to Chris Paisleys house for a late "paleo" dinner (grilled steaks and lots of vegetables). I did some thai massage on everyone, Dr.Adonis did some adjustments on my body - working specificially on my meniscus and hamstring, and all around it was just a mellow ending to an amazing day.


Beach yoga starts this Sunday, and I have a lot of amazing classes planned for this weekend - so I hope to see you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment