not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spring Asparagus Soup


Spring Asparagus Soup!

Our asparagus has been growing like a weed!!! I love it simple: sauteed in a skillet with some EVOO, salt, pepper, and lemon. But eating it like this day after day gets a bit old, so I decided to make a soup out of it. I had some Israeli Cous Cous (also known as "Pearl Cous Cous") that I wanted to use, and soup produce laying around the house. So, here's how I did it:

In a skillet, drizzle some EVOO. Pour in the israeli cous cous and let it brown. In a soup pot sautee some diced onions/shallots/garlic. Toss in some sliced asparagus. Then add cous cous and broth. I added some lima beans and green peas because I had them in the fridge. A generous amount of fresh pepper, fresh herbs, and a touch of salt. Boom. For some extra flavor: add some curry powder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment