not all who wander are lost.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Shiitake Tacos.


I try not to eat much meat, and if I do, I try to be sure that it's something my parents killed. In the fridge I had a package of shiitake mushrooms so I figured that I'd make some Shiitake Tacos. 

Ingredients:
One package of Shiitake mushrooms (there were about 20 mushrooms)
1/2 vidalia onion
1 clove garlic
salt + pepper
Red cabbage
Sprouts (I used alfalfa)
Avocado
Cilanktro Hank Sauce
Blue Corn Tortillas

I sliced the shiitake mushrooms and onions and sauteed them with salt, pepper and garlic til they were good and cooked. In another pan I cooked up Blue Corn Tortillas. 

Assemblage: 
Tortilla + Thinly sliced red cabbage + avocado + Sprouts and then a generous dousing of Cilanktro Hank Sauce. Boom. EPIC. Meaty (without the meat) and totally delicious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment