not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quinoa + Eggs


Okay, so I realize that this doesn't LOOK crazy appetizing, but its fucking amazing. Thanks to my friend Brie for introducing me to this epic paring of two of my most favorite foods. I almost always have cooked quinoa in the fridge...I put it on salads, in wraps, and sautee it with veggies and such. But this is my favorite incarnation of this delightful, fluffy and healthy grain. 

I began by sauteing some leeks (from the garden) in a skillet. You could always use onions or shallots if you'd like. Then I put a few big spoonfuls of the cooked quiona into the skillet, married it to the leeks and then I poured two eggs (which I beat first) over top. The eggs almost act like a glue, making a somewhat loose "patty" of the quinoa. I scrambled it around the pan, added some cumin, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. I served this 'omlette' over some kale from the garden, some sliced tomato and avocado, and I finished it by sprinkling it with raw hulled sunflower seeds. Oh yeah, and I topped it with some tahini dressing (if you don't make it yourself, a delicious one available at the supermarket is Annie's GODDESS Dressing).  ENJOY, and big thanks to Breezy for the inspiration <3

No comments:

Post a Comment