not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Opening Day

Today was opening day of Flounder Season!!! I had to miss out because I was teaching a yoga class, but I was able to make it down to the dock upon their return. Dad's friends Billy and Gary helped him on the boat and took him out, and Mom went too. Dad caught the only keeper flounder, 19", but I told him that he got lucky...if I had been on the boat I surely would have caught one bigger than his! It's the little things like this that bring a tear to my eye - some days are tough but days like this make it all worthwhile! 






Dad filleted the fish...and even though he's damn near blind, he can still clean a fish better than any man I've ever met! I'm pretty sure it's muscle memory...he's been cleaning fish since he was just a boy - I'm sure he could do this even with both eyes closed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment