not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Support the Locals

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to two local business that deserve your business. Fresh For Less Produce on Sea Isle Blvd (right by the Wawa in Ocean View) has been mentioned in my blog before. Not only do they have a great selection and great prices, but they are wonderful people. I go in at least once a week, but really stocked up the other day for my juice cleanse. When I was leaving, Alison gave me a beautiful boutique of flowers for my mom. I know that they are having a tough time right now making ends meet and business has been a bit slow, so this meant a lot to us. They've also sent over boxes of pomegranates this winter because my mom loved to juice them for my dad (they are chock full of antioxidants). And- they sell HANK sauce...a delicious hot sauce, hand crafted in Sea Isle City by my good friend and local surfer, Brian Ruxton. They use only the best ingredients and it's made with love...you can taste it!

The next business I want to promote is Rodney and Sons auto repair on rt.83. My truck has been giving me some problems lately, so I took it in for them to look at. They had it for two days- running every test and driving it all over- trying to find out the mysterious quirk. When I went to pick it up, I had no bill. Also, after dropping my moms truck off (it's been that kind of week), Rodney told us that if we needed anything-- anything at all, to give a shout and he'd be happy to help.

It's the love and support of the local community that helps us get through the days, and it's important for us all to lift each other up and support one another. So next time you need some
Veggies or hot sauce- head to Fresh for Less. And if car troubles are the problem, Rodney and Sons is the place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment