not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Food for Thought.

Last night after my day of departure [from my juice cleanse] Brad, Ro and I huddled up on the couch and watched two epic food documentaries: Fat Sick & Nearly Dead and Forks Over Knives.

Both were super informative and entertaining, but Forks over Knives was LIFE-CHANGING. I already adhere to a healthy diet...the meat we eat has been killed by my parents, the seafood we eat has been snatched from the sea by our own hands, and the produce we eat is a product of our backyard garden. We abstain from most dairy, and when we do indulge it is from free range, organic, Grass-Fed cows. My biggest weakness: french fries....which I'm trying to get under control. After seeing both of these documentaries I am re-inspired to get back on track with my juice cleanse for just a few more days. I'm not planning to juice forever-- but I definitely plan to make sure that ONE fresh juice makes it into my day EVERY day. I don't like people who preach - so I don't plan on preaching it here and now...all I can say is please, please, please do your body, you friends and family, and yourself a huge favor and watch Forks over Knives. We all deserve to be the healthiest and most vibrant beings possible - if not for yourself, at least for your loved ones.



Oh...and for those of you out there with all of the excuses:

"I don't have time to prepare good food":

Eating a plant-based and whole foods diet can add an extra 5-10 years on your life, so in gratitude to all that extra time you can take a little time out of your day to eat healthy.

"Buying organic, whole foods, and vegetables costs too much money" :

Not only will you be saving money by not having to visit the doctor, saving yourself from operations, medications, and rehabilitations: but you only have ONE body. ONE. That's it. Why do you spend $200 on a dress to put on the outside when you aren't taking care of what's inside?

The cost of having a heart-attack: $56,000.

The cost of juicing for one day: $18.

The cost of juicing organic for one day: $28.

Back on Track!!! Woke up at 7am and sliced up a batch of juice for me and for my Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment