not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Water for Elephants

I read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen several years ago. I purchased it in the airport, started at once as I was waiting at my gate- remained glued to the book, mesmerized by the magic on the pages, for the remainder of the flight And finally, finished the book on the taxi ride to my ultimate destination. I re-read the book later that week, because I felt like I didn't give it the time that it deserved, having just devoured it on the plane. So, when I heard that they were making this into a major motion picture, I was ecstatic! And better yet, my darling obsession ROBERT PATTINSON (edward, from TwiliGht) would be playing the lead roll of Jacob Jankowski!! I wasn't totally sold on Reese Witherspoon as Marlena, and even after seeing the movie I'm still not 100% on her playing the part- but it wasn't too much of a distraction in the end. Marlenas husband, August, played by German actor Christoph Waltz was SPOT ON. They could not have cast a better person than him. Perfection. All in all, a magical movie, doing justice to an amazing book. It's not filmed like the movies Big Fish or Moulin Rouge- but it has the same vibrance and majestic qualities that those films had. Please- enjoy Water for Elephants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment