Janice has a skill that not many people have...the clean out the kitchen and make something epic skill. My mom has it too, and it's damn impressive. With a little of this and a little of that, Janice just started pulling random things from the fridge and pantry and voila....an epic meal. The whole point is to clean out the fridge, but since the recipe was so good I'm going to share it with you so you can swing by the grocery store and pick up what you need...
Sauteed Greens over Quinoa with Farm Fresh Egg
- Swiss Chard
- Two little heads of baby bok choy
- One can of chick peas, rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- One tomato, diced
- Pancetta (obviously you can leave this out to make it a vegetarian meal)
- Water, or better yet - BROTH, and better than that...HOMEMADE broth
- In a pan, sautee your diced pancetta, when that's cook remove the pancetta and set aside.
- In that same pan sautee throw in the diced garlic, bok choy and the stems of the chard into the pan and sautee til they have softened a bit.
- Throw in the diced tomatoes and chickpeas, and then add in the leafy parts of the greens.
- In a separate bowl, cook your quinoa. I always do 1 cup quinoa, 1 1/2 cup liquid. Instead of using water Janice used a homemade chicken stock that she'd made and it was deeeeelicious.
- To assemble put a bed of quinoa down, the sauteed goodness on top, toss some of your pancetta on top of that and then finish with a fried FARM FRESH EGG.