not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Falling Down.

It's occasions like this that are the reason I want to stay close to home this winter. Yesterday, my second day of a two week trip, I got a call from my mom saying that they were on their way to the hospital. But not for Dads scheduled Avastin infusion- but for the emergency room. Jesus-fucking-Christ. My mom hadn't had time to grab dads newspaper in the morning, and he'd woken up early- so he decided that he would go outside and grab the paper himself. Well, he fell. So yesterday was spent in HUP, consulting doctors about surgery, the dangers they may encounter and the problems that we will be faced with. LP to the rescue, of course!! Him and Kylee went up to bring overnight stuff for my parents, along with some dinner. God bless them. Today dad is getting surgery on the tendons in his hand, so everybody say a little prayer.

On a more positive note- we packed up this morning, said our farewells to our AMAZING hosts, Shannon and Andrew, and now we're on our way southeast towards the Grand Canyon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment