I just received the milk frother that I ordered!! Hooray! I have been frothing the shit outta anything that is froth worthy, and of course I frothed my milk for this mornings coffee. I feel like my coffee arsenal is now complete. Whether your in the market for a latte, cappuccino, or even for just a touch of life to your hot milk- these frothers are a cheap but essential purchase.
For a fabulous cup of coffee you need the following tools (along with COFFEE of course)...
Here's how it's done:
Break it down into 1/4's...
- 1 part milk
- 2 parts espresso
- 1 part water (optional...this is for those making a cup of Americano- not for lattes or capp's)
- Start making your espresso...
- Pour your milk into your cup. It can be heated on the stovetop prior to drinking it, or if you're lazy (like me), just put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to heat it up.
- Completely submerge the milk frother into the milk, THEN hit the on button. If you want a cappuccino, the frother will be in the cup for atleast 30 seconds...lifting the frother dangerously to the top and then lowering it down. Lift and lower, lift and lower -- this helps to create more foam. If it's a latter that you're in the mood for, then the frother will only be in the cup for about 15 to 2- seconds, with only a few "lifts and lowers". If you're having a cup of coffee then just let the frother hang out in the cup for a few seconds, bringing some lift to the milk, before adding the other part (hot water).
- Pour your espresso into your cup and ENJOY.