not all who wander are lost.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Fall Crops.

Momma, watering our freshly planted greens.

Boston Lettuce, one of the many things planted.


Planting Partners, job well done.


The Hoe rack (dads old hunting ladder).

Yes, I farm in dresses and in my bare feet...


It's finally starting to cool down a bit- which means time for the fall crops to go in. Today Mom and me planted collards, cauliflower, escarole, spinach, romaine, boston lettuce, and iceberg. More will be added soon, but my mom was most anxious to get the greens into the ground. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING as tasty as a handpicked salad from your garden. And greens are easy-peezy to grow. I'm excited for whatever it is we will put in next. It's fun to dig around with your hoe, bare feet in the dirt- alongside your momma. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. where did you buy your plants? i want a end of summer/fall garden!

    ReplyDelete