not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sweating, and Singing and Sweating.

Every Sunday night in the summer I play at the (private) Stone Harbor Golf Club. It's a great gig: I make great money, I play for a wonderful crowd, they feed me delicious food, I sing mellow acoustic music for three hours and the people that work at SHGC are absolutely amazing. It's a weekly gig that I definitely look forward to playing. Anyways, I got a call from them earlier this week, asking if I'd play at one of the men's golf events on Saturday night. Obviously I said "absolutely!". Well, as much as I love the club- I have to say that tonites gig doesn't go down in history for my most favorite gig ever. Ha. I played out on the porch, in 98% weather (with 85% humidity). And the icing on the cake were little black flies! Those bastards were relentless! Bah. Thank God I chose a short, thin dress with a slip- because one song into the set list and I was already dripping sweat. I don't need to go into detail about my sweat-factor two hours later, but it certainly wasn't pretty. Hopefully it'll be a bit cooler for tomorrow's gig....

No comments:

Post a Comment