not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Family.

My family: Mom, Dad, Me and LP (Little Paul...because my dad is big paul).

Honestly, I don't know what we'd do without him. LP adopted us when he was about 18. That was 14 years ago. He has since spent birthdays and holidays with us, gone on family vacations with us, and is usually at the house for our nightly family dinners. He drops me and picks me up at the airport, he shovels out my parents driveway during blizzards, he let's me cry on his shoulder- and it's the one person who mom will break down and cry to. He's fixed things at the house. He's put on our roof, put up our pool, and has stacked our enormous wood pile. He takes me out on date nights...fancy dinners always followed by drinks. He opens the door of the car for me and never let's me pay. He is more than a friend, he is a brother- and I usually introduce him so. More than anything he knows how to just "be" with my Dad. They sit on the couch and watch Cops, or Repo. There's some small talk, but mostly they just sit. LP GETS it. Life without him would just be impossible. My parents didn't give me any biological siblings, but in my heart- LP is my brother. I couldn't have wished for a more understanding, accepting and wonderful human being to adopt us: someone who I never have to apologize to or explain myself to. We love you LP, and I know I speak for mom and dad as well when I say that each day is made better by you being in our lives.

"Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, don't worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you. -Charlie Brown to Snoopy."

No comments:

Post a Comment