not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Step out of Your Comfort Zone

"The easy path leads to the hard life, but the hard path leads to the easy life. " --Rilke

Went to bed last night and woke up this morning feeling really sad about my dad. I've been feeling a bit anxious...or atleast that's one of the emotions that I've been able to identify. I knew that something needed to change- but I just wasn't sure WHAT it was that needed changing.

This afternoon I head out to the mailbox, and there's two things: a package from Amazon and this months yoga journal. Yoga Journal...okay, I think, this is a sign. More yoga. I open up the package, wracking my brain trying to remember what I bought. Well- it's nothing that I purchased-- it was a gift, from my best friend Julia in Seattle. "40 DAYS TO PERSONAL REVOLUTION: a breakthrough program to radically change your body and awaken the sacred within your soul" by Baron Baptiste (founder of the Baptiste Power Yoga Institute). I've never been a huge fan of Baptiste, but Julia got this book a month ago and has been raving about it. Usually whatever she loves (food, jewelry, cocktails, movies, etc) I also love. So- voila-- she bought me a copy. I called her right away and she said that her and her boss were starting the 40days on July 5th, and she invited me to join in. Well, I woke up this morning asking for a sign, for help- and I don't think that the message gets much clearer than this! I'm glad to know that I'll have someone on this journey with me; to complain to, confide in and celebrate with (even though she's on the west coast!). Sometimes if you just ask the universe for some help, you get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment