not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lots of Travel = Lots of Parasites

Parasites...EWWWW!


After months of travel in Asia, my body is a bit out of whack. In Costa Rica I have a house and I cook most meals for myself. Asia was a whole other story -- for nearly 5 months I had to eat all 3 meals out! This is tough on your body weight-wise and also internally. It's pretty easy to pick up a parasite while traveling abroad...particularly in Asia and particularly when you are eating at little roadside shacks. I am pretty intune with my body -- this is one of the huge benefits of doing yoga...becoming more connected with your emotions and your body -- and I knew that something was just off. So I contacted Debi Perks. Debi used to own a health food store down the street, Perks for Life. It has since closed but she is an active part of the (small...but growing!) health community here in South Jersey. My parents and I always turn to her for advice about supplements, home remedies, etc.etc. When I told her about my winter, she said that I definitely picked up a parasite, or two, or three.... This was her email response to my inquiry:

Hi Cailin, Nice to see you made it around the world safely ! I am never to busy to assist with health issues if I can. Just from your letter I would be willing to bet you have picked up a parisite or two...or three....these to can cause lyme like symptoms. There are 3 main herbs to kill parasites at their varies stages. Green Black Walnut Hulls, Wormwood and Clove. You can get them all in one bottle from the NOW company. The Village Market carries NOW products and if they dont have this, they can get it for you #4982. Also, eat alot of raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds and ...have a cup, twice a day, of my "coconut tea" (for the receipe get the current issue of the Brite Side, Health and Wellness section.

For those of you unable to get your hands on The Brite Side, here's the recipe for Debi's Coconut Tea:

- juice 1/2 of juicy lime
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of {high quality} coconut oil
- 1 to 3 tablespoons raw honey
*add to a large cup of hot water

SO, in addition to 2 cups of coconut tea a day, here are some other cleansing techniques that I've enlisted:

- Green Black Walnut Hulls (comes as a liquid form, with a dropper)
Originally a folk herbal remedy, Black Walnut is now commonly used to kill the adults of around 100 different parasites.

- Wormwood (comes as a liquid form, with a dropper)
Like black walnut, this kills the adult parasites. It can be found in tea, liquid or capsule form.

- Clove (ground, powder)
Cloves actually kill the eggs of the parasite. Its important to use these first three remedies together, to kill both the adult parasites and the eggs at the same time so the colony cannot re-grow.

- shot of juice of 1 fresh lemon, FIRST THING in the morning- before coffee, juice, food, etc.

- lots of Garlic
Whether mashed up, whole or in tablet form, Garlic is a great tool to combat parasite infection.

- eating heaps of raw pepitas
Mashed up and mixed with juice, pumpkin seeds have been found to be effective against parasites.

***Once you have eliminated the parasites, its time to remove them from your system with a good colon cleanse. Mix Psyllium husks and Bentonite clay into your cleanse to fully clean out your colon and flush out any remaining organisms.


The dirty truth about parasites is that they aren't just in 3rd world countries, they are here too! It's estimated that 80 to 90% of people have some form of parasite in their bodies! Some symptoms are: IBS, Blood Sugar Fluctuations, Food Cravings, Bloating, Diarrhea, Foul Breath, Restlessness at night. Most parasites are picked up via the water we drink and from food that was washed with this water or simply wasn't washed properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment