not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lombok Love and Lymes.

Monday late morning we drop our boards off to be repaired. We head back to the house- Michele has to work, and I have a ton of energy...so I post up on our porch and do an hour and a half of intense, vigorous yoga. Drenched in sweat, rinse off in cold shower, lay down for nap. When Im asleep, Basiten arrives from Bali. Meesh helps him find a cheap place to stay while I nap. Our place is amazing by the way. Michele is working as a guide now for a Swiss Surf Company. Part of her payment is getting the use of a truck, free accomodation and free breakfast. Since we share everything, she shares this with me too :) The accomodation is really fancy compared to our basic (but still amazing) stays. It is a big room, double bed, huge bathroom and big porch in a gated place. The cost is about 200,000rupiah a night (more than 20usd) for a basic room. We really lucked out. Wake up from a long nap, pick up our boards (which look BRAND NEW), grab dinner with everyone and then head to Cafe 7 for some live music. Oh yeah, the memo that I missed...IM the live music...and EVERYONE from town is there to hear me. Mishka forgot to tell me.... Anyways, I play some music and it is well received. I get free drinks all night, which I share with my large group and continuously growing group of friends. The owner of the bar asks if I will play on Friday night, he would like to get flyers made up. Sure thing. Sign me up. Wake up a few hours after falling asleep and we head to the end of town, to catch a very small boat in a very beautiful place, to a very fun wave called INSIDES. Yeewww. Couple hours of surfing, big breakfast of Gado Gado with rice (this is vegetables, tempeh and tofu topped with a spicy peanut sauce), and then take a FOUR hour nap while Michele works. My Lymes Disease is definitely flaring up. I was worried at first that I had dengue, but thats definitely been ruled out. My body aches, my bones feel like they are decades older than they actually are. The fatigue is pretty intense, and I have no control over the amount of time that I sleep. I will feel tired, and then 3 hours later I will wake up -- tangled up in my ipod, or asleep on my book. If this hadnt happened to me several times in the past then I would be a bit worried right now, but Im 99percent sure that this is Lymes flaring up. Oh well. Luckily I have the freedom to sleep some extra hours if I need to. Headed to bed now, a bit after 9pm, cause we are up at the crack of dawn for a surf session. If Ive already said it, well, Im saying it again...I love Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment