not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sleep and Sarongs.

Meesh and I both have bellyaches. We feel feverish....goosebumps sweaty and achey all over. I was affected only for one evening. Meesh had a hard time getting out of bed this morning when the alarm went off at 5:30. We got a late start and were a bit disappointed with what we found. The swell is big, but coming from two directions...so some beaches arent getting the swell, so they're flat- and the ones getting it are all mixed up. There are two beaches that are breaking well but the lineup is super crowded and they are far away. We came home, i put on my sarong, had banana pancakes and took a nap. I woke up and paddled out front of our house, at Impossibles. It was only about chest high and by no means that good, but it felt great to get some exercise and to become better acquainted with my short stick. Rinsed off, put my sarong back on, and now I'm relaxing in my room- enjoying the ocean breeze, my iPod, and my pillow. If I'm not surfing in my bathingsuit, or riding on the moto in clothes then I'm wrapped up in my sarong. I paid $3 for them in Cambodia and they have been the best investment! One lays on my bed as a sheet- the other is used as a blanket when I sleep, as clothes when I'm hanging at home, as a towel when I get out from surfing- used to change outta my suit and for lounging on while at the beach. Bali is KNOWN for their sarongs....all of the men and most of the women wear them too. I love it. I love Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment