not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Night Yoga, Late Night.

Meesh set off in the morning to pack her bags and prepare herself for her flight to Bali. Mick and I spent the day lounging around. He had my iPod in his ears, and I kept him on a steady rotation of good music while he worked on a video project. I read SHANTARAM (almost finished!) and made a few Skype calls. The Internet connection here in the morning is perfect, so I was able to video chat with my parents for quite awhile. Also had a long time on the phone catching up with my Auntie D. She insists that I turn this lifestyle of mine into a career: reality tv travel show or some kind of travel writer. I FULLY agree- so if there's any of you out there with ideas of how to do this, or have connections to do so- let me know! Anywho- lazy day. Again. Meesh returned around 730 and we all decided to do some yoga. Our place has a small open space in the apartments next door, so we snuck over. The day before I'd done yoga on our roof- but the space was small and the fall was pretty far down. It was a beautiful view though looking out over Bangkok so I skipped a flowy practice and opted for a restorative one. So, the 3 of us had a great session in a dark room next door. Mick is new to yoga and Meesh has only taken a few classes- so I was TOTALLY blown away when they were flowing through my class like seasoned veterans. Brilliant. Mick was not as flexible- but he has incredible strength and he listens really well. Michele is a bit more flexible, with the most open hips that I've ever come across. We worked up a Good sweat, enjoyed a long savasana and then cooled down with a shower.

For Meesh's last night we ate our favorite....street food! After mango salad we smoked some apple Shisha and sipped a cocktail. We dipped into a packed, sweaty, smelly bar to listen to a great cover band and drink overpriced beer. By the time we got home it was 2am...and Meesh's shuttle to the airport was leaving in an hour and a half! So I vowed to stay up with her until she left. We chatted and packed and planned our Indonesian surf adventures...I'll be meeting up with her in less than 4 weeks time! Fell asleep a bit after 4am, probably the latest that I've ever gone to bed!! Let's hope I don't make a habit of this....

No comments:

Post a Comment