not all who wander are lost.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Epic Arts Cafe

Epic Arts Cafe
Kampot, Cambodia
www.epicarts.org.uk

"A great place for breakfast or scrumptious cakes with tea or coffee. Staffed by deaf and disabled young people, this funky eatery can also pack a bagel lunch for a trip up to Bokor. Profits fund dance, music and art education for deaf and disabled Cambodians." -- Lonely Planet Cambodia

I had the most spectacular breakfast this morning: Fine Herb Omlette with slow roasted chilli tomato, caramelized onion and a toasted bagel. And I had French press coffee, the beans from Laos (they make the best!). I was moaning as I bathed my delicious bagel in rich butter. I spread the perfectly roasted tomatoes that were sweet and delicate onto my bagel- stacking on the smooth caramelized onions and topping off the bite with a touch of Omlette. Literally moaning out loud. We are spending an extra day in Kampot JUST so that we can eat more meals from here! The owner is a deaf woman from SEATTLE. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment