not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bus Trip, Round III

We are 9 hours into our 11 hour bus ride to Phnom Penh as I type this blog on my iPhone. I know - it sounds awful, but it's really not that bad. We stop about every 2 hours for a pee and snack break. Unfortunately we are seats 9 and 10 though, which is where the speakers are located. So for the past 5 hours really bad Khmer Pop music has been playing on the screen at the front of the bus, and blaring from under our seats. Oh well. Bus trips give you a chance to figure out your next plan of action. For us- it looks like our journey will continue on together for a bit longer. Two and a half days in Phnom Penh, then down to Kep on the SouthCoast to visit the crab market, and eat some crabs of course! A visit to Rabbit Island and then we're headed up the coast for two days in Kampot. This is where we will split for a bit-- I'm headed to Sihanoukville after Kampot for some R&R, while Gillian heads into Bokor and Koh Kong national forests. I'd like to go, but I need to watch my spending for a bit and simply cannot afford another jungle jaunt. Equally looking forward to, as well as dreading some down time. Why? Because I can't wait to sit and finish the Ammmmmmazing book I'm reading, SHANTARAM. I'm dreading it though because once I've finished this book I'm going to be devastated!! It's THAT good. Perhaps I'll read it again....

Thats all for now. Just a bit longer to go. Once we arrive we are getting some LAUNDRY done (I have about 2 clean items of clothing left!) and then headed out for a cocktail and a nice dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment