not all who wander are lost.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Boozey Bangkok.

These two pictures sum up Bangkok. The bottom photo was taken at 830am at my hostel. As i enjoyed tea, two English gentlemen were finishing up their beers and their pack of smokes. As I write this now at 10am, there are 3 of them- and they've collectively consumed nearly a dozen beers. And a pack of Pringles...

For the past 3 days I've woken up feeling like I have a wicked hangover. But- I havent had anything to drink. I think that this hangover is an emotional and physical result of the one intense month of travel in Cambodia...GO, GO, GO! So, I'm in the Booze capital of southeast Asia- Bangkok, and instead of beers I'm sipping on iced coffees and fresh coconuts. It's loud here at night- and my usual "to bed by 9, up before 6" schedule has become "asleep around 1, begin to come back to life around 9!". My days have been trek free and excursionless...but my adventures have been confined to two streets- trying every bit of street food that I can get my hands on before retreating back to our cozy hostel to relax and read. It's been a lazy few days in Bangkok, but I gotta admit- I'm enjoying every minute of it. My ass and thighs continue to grow at a rapid pace- making me eternally grateful to the loose baggy pants that are in style here. I stress about it for a few minutes- but then head out for another plate of fresh delicious Pad Thai ($1usd) and vow to do extra yoga and log extra surf sessions once I arrive in Indonesia. My big plans for the day: eat some papaya salad, ship a package to my parents, get my armpits waxed and read the last bit of SHANTARAM. I hope that your day is as stressful as mine.....

1 comment:

  1. I stayed in the same hostel the last time I was in Bangkok... :) That dog scares me everytime though...

    ReplyDelete