not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Supported Headstand

I am finally beginning to feel slightly comfortable upside down. I've been religiously practicing forearm stands and headstands, near a wall, for about a month now. I still do not feel confident enough to just rise up into a headstand though without the safety of a wall {most times I don't even need it...but it's nice to know it's there!}. I find that I can't hold my inversions for too long though...which is why I am now obsessed with the modification that Melissa shared with us in Michelle's Monday morning Vinyasa class. It's great for people with neck injuries, because there is no pressure on your spine or neck whatsoever!

All of us in Supported Headstand :)


I stole this HOW TO from Michelle's blog {www.yogababymomma.blogspot.com}:

Bring 6 blocks to a wall. Place three blocks on the left, and three on the right, shoulder width apart. Nestle your shoulders into the support of the blocks, with your head hanging in between. Bring your palms or fingertips to the floor. Tuck your toes under as if you're coming into downward facing dog. Slowly raise one leg, then the other, until both legs are supported by the wall behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment