not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back Home

So I'm back in Encinitas, and it just feels like home. Like this is exactly where I should be, and with the people I should be with. {Only thing missing is my parents of course...and Sarah and Julia!} For some reason before I left I was totally anxious about my return to Heaven. I was worried because of my expectations. When I first went to Costa Rica, there was no where like it in the world, and then when I returned the second year it just wasn't as 'magical' as I had remembered it. I worried that my last trip out here was a one-in-a-million type trip, and that surely something that great couldn't happen twice. Well, silly me - it's good here, really good...

Gray picked me up at the airport yesterday, and with him he had one of his WORLD FAMOUS SMOOTHIES!! You have no idea, these smoothies are the talk of the town in Encinitas, and he gives them to all of his BioSync customers {along with his good friends}! The sun was shining, smoothie in hand, and one of the most amazing people that I know seated beside me. The trip was already starting off at an epic rate. We drove back to his house on Vulcan Ave and I got a warm welcome from Marble, Grays very cool, old dog. I walked next door and hung out with Ali and her husband Justin. Ali filled me in on 'life since I left', and all the sweet honeymoon details from their trip to Bali. Gray wanted to catch a surf, and since I wasn't able to pick up my board at the Channin/Bing factory, I just opted to go soak up some sunshine on the beach. At the beach I met Grays new lady, Jenna, and we laughed and chatted and chatted somemore. Back at Grays we had some tea, and then a friend popped in and joined us. If Gray is home, then 90% of the time the front door is wide open- and on any given day there are people coming and going....stopping for a chat, a cup of tea or just a hug.

We had to take Bri to the airport and pick Lauren UP from the airport - so Bri, Hurricane Danielle, Gray, Jenna and myself loaded into the car and headed towards San Diego - stopping for some dinner first. Hurricane Danielle is this adorable, petite girl from NY. She talks fast and talks alot -- clearly, I love her. She took to me instantly, saying that she felt like she already knew me from all of the stories that she hears about me and the photos that shes seen. We laughed the whole car ride to the restaurant as Hurricane Danielle entertained with her enthusiastic stories. Once at dinner, Bri and I fell into our own little world of conversation. I LOVE BRI. She is so fascinating to me. We talked about food, food, more food, love, and food. She shares a passion for eating, and especially cooking -- but let me tell you, she is a RAW FOOD GODDESSS. The plates that she creates will rock your palate and your mind - and then she'll tell you that it's raw and vegan, and you're like "WHAT?!?!" She's down in Florida visiting her boyfriend now, but she's back on Jan 3rd and we vowed to hole up in her apartment {she lives next to Nicole, Rachel and Hurricane Danielle in Cardiff} and cook cook cook, create recipes, and do yoga. OH yeah, did I mention - she's a badass Kundalini yoga instructor?

Dropped her at the airport, picked up fellow yogini/surfer yoga instructor LAUREN. We caught up with what we've missed over the past few months - and then it was decided that I'd head with her and a chunk of the yoga Yurt crew to LA for this amazing New Years Eve Yoga event. So excited!!

Back at Grays house, I snuggled into the couch, and the fact that I'd been awake for well over 24 hours just hit me like a brick wall. But before I fell to sleep, ERIN WILLIAMS came over!! Petite amazing outstanding Erin Williams - who introduced me to the Yurt last year, introduced me to Gray - and basically was the reason I stayed in Encinitas last year. She just got back from spending some time in Hawaii and then back home in Massachusettes, so she filled me in our her hysterical adventures and 'life as an Aunt'!!

Now - I'm going to brave the rain for some coffee at Pannakin -- they have THE BEST. Today Erin, Ali, Danielle, Katie, Blair, me, and I'm sure many more - will be headed to Lauren's yoga class. Tonight I'm having dinner with Mia and then we are going to head out for drinks - probably meeting up with Lenny, Trisha and the crew. I can't wait!! There's so many people that I want to see while I'm here...it feels like coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment