not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HUP: Day 2

I'm so much like my father in the sense that no matter what the situation...food puts a smile on our faces...

The biopsy went very smooth yesterday with no side effects - hallelujah! Unfortunately the biopsy informed us that it is infact a glioma. Not at all the news that we were hoping for. Also, the MRI shows that it seems to have grown - a very small amount, but growth none the less. It definitely put a damper on the day. When he came out of surgery they put him in the ICU, and we were ALL allowed to visit. From the moment we walked in he was joking and busting chops. You could tell he was in pain though, so we sent the troops home and just Nell, Mom and I stayed in the room. Nellie and I had dinner at the White Dog, and my mom stayed in the ICU - refusing to leave Dad's side. She spent the night in a reclining chair, next to Dad, while Nellie and I slept in our hotel room. Her and I watched Twilight and then Twilight New Moon. I've convinced myself that there's nothing wrong with our obsession - Twilight makes us happy!

Woke up this morning and headed back to the ICU. We brought mom coffee and dad a egg and cheese mcmuffin. He looked great this morning, much more with it than the day before. Josh, his RN, took the bandages off of his staples and scrubbed him clean. Right now Uncle Paul, Nana, PopPop, Michael, Megan, Nellie, Mom and Me are in the ICU...hanging out. Snacking. Laughing. Talking shit. You know - the usual.


Me + Dad.

Dad's Staples.

No comments:

Post a Comment