not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mother Nature...Namaste.


This mornings yoga class, for me, was dedicated to Mother Nature. We have practiced yoga for several months now on the beach by the ocean and it has been so outstanding...I could not ask for a better "yoga studio". I've been feeling a ton of gratitude towards Nature's gifts and wanted to have that be my intention in class. Yesterday we had an amazing family day out at the house {bit too chilly at the beach}. Our whole tribe was at the "Callahan Compound": Mom + Dad, Susan, Ceil, Lori, Jeff and Sharon. Jeff, Sharon and I started our day with an amazing morning of surf, came home to my parents and had a delicious breakfast {scrambled eggs, homemade scrapple and toast - compliments of my mother!}. We spent the rest of the day soaking up the sunshine, floating in the pool, relaxing in the hot tub and enjoying the fall breeze! This week I have been blessed with the best surf sessions since my arrival back home, and it has been pure bliss. The water, the air, the sky, the beach. All of it. I love this time of year...when it's still warm, but with a cool breeze. The leaves begin to change, and the beaches empty out as the waves pick up. Anyways, early this morning I was scouring the web for a good quote about mother nature, and though this isnt the one I used for class, it really hit home with me.


There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.

~George Gordon, Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

After yoga I headed down to the beach and caught two hours of clean, fun surf with my "secret surf society" {as my dad would call it!} aka Jeff + Shar. Damn, the good times are killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment