not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sorry Earl, DAMN Mildred!!


So I missed the peak of Earl because I had to work @ Mildreds! Though most of the day it was windy and victory at sea, just as I was pulling into work the sun came out and the wind died down to a nice light west wind. Pardon me, but SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT. I felt like a little grom at work - so distracted that I felt like I had 'ants in my pants'. I just knew that the waves were firing - that all of my friends were out - and that I was totally blowing it. Again, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT. I tried to tone it down - be thankful for the super fun waves I got Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and even Wednesday, but it wasn't working. To add insult to injury - last night I got the shittiest section in the whole restaurant - the booths. Anyways...tried not to cry too much about my misfortune, got out of work as quickly as possible, and was coming up with a plan of action on my way home. Hung on the couch and watched MAN WOMAN WILD with my Dad, and chatted about work, life and surf. Headed up to bed around midnight, but I couldn't sleep! I was tossing and turning, amped about the first solid, fun surf that there's been since my arrival home on Memorial Day Weekend. How appropriate, now waves for Labor Day...the end of the summer. It's 5:30am right now, I'm half way through my first cup of coffee. My boards already on my car {I put it up there last night when I got home from work}, and I'm begging and pleading with the sun to come out so I can get on it before the wind does. Oh, the woes of an East Coast Surfer....

No comments:

Post a Comment