not all who wander are lost.

Monday, September 20, 2010

New Friends.

My new friends sent me a message {"Great to have met you!"} along with this photo!

friend

[frend]
–noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter:
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile
  • The tendency to desire what is best for the other
  • Sympathy and empathy
  • Honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart
  • Mutual understanding and compassion
  • Trust in one another (able express feelings - including of the other's actions - without the fear of being judged); able to go to each other for emotional support
  • Positive reciprocity - a relationship is based on equal give and take between the two parties.


You are never too old to make new friends! I felt like a kid on the beach, meeting my new friends in the sand...hanging out, having some laughs, and then lining up another play date! Ha. I went to Strathmere to hang out with my family and get in a surf. The waves were big and beautiful and NO ONE WAS OUT. Of course, the waves were breaking all of the way out on the sandbar, which is half way to freaking China! Walking down the beach was a woman in a wetsuit, so I said

"Hey - are you paddling out? Where you going to go?"

She said, "I don't know! I'm new to this beach."

So I said "Well, let's paddle out together."

She said, "Okay. My name's Muna."

I said, "Great! My name's Cailin."

And just like that, a friendship was born! Muna is somewhat of a beginner, so I kept an eye on her just to make sure that she was okay. Her friends, also concerned, were standing alongside the beach keeping a close eye on her as well. She caught 2 waves and then headed in. When I got out of the water the group of gals hollered me over in their direction. We started chatting and I posted up for a while. Turns out one of the group, Nikki, dates Basil - who is Greg Becks cousin. How about THAT for a small world? Anyways, we had a great time - exchanged contact information, and my next trip to Philly I plan to hang out with my new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment