not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

MILK and ROSES.



MILK and ROSES
1110 Manhattan Ave
(between Clay + DuPont)
Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY

MILK and ROSES doesn't look like much from the outside, but when you walk through the doors you are stepping into a homey, farmhouse-feeling oasis. The girls working make you feel right at home, no pretentious coffee snobs that you'll get working behind the counter at most Cafe's. I ordered my regular, an Americano, and I can whole-heartedly tell you that it's the best Americano I've had in all of my 23 years! Piping hot, smooth and strong. No shitty half and half or milk, but delicious cream that taste fresh off the farm.

I took my americano outside with me to their garden. It was a beautiful day and the backyard was warm + welcoming. There was a little bird that was stalking me...flying up to my table, tweeting at me a few times, before retreating atop the fence. Back and forth, back and forth. In a city that never sleeps, a constant hustle and bustle, I find this sweet, calm, quaint oasis. This was surely the best $2 I've ever spent in the city.


Thanks MILK + ROSES for the delightful service, delicious espresso, and dreamy haven that you've created.




No comments:

Post a Comment