not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jaunting.





Jaunting. Yep, it's actually a word {I looked it up in the dictionary}.

jaunt (jônt, jänt)
n.
A short trip or excursion, usually for pleasure; an outing.
intr.v. jaunt·ed, jaunt·ing, jaunts
To make a short journey.


Anyways, JAUNT #1 of the season: NYC. There won't be any travel abroad, so I plan on getting down and dirty all over the US of A. Headed into the City yesterday morning, arriving around noon. I met up with my best friend from college, Gina Enberg. We did our usual loop: H+M in the city, then downtown for "dollar dumplings" aka Vanessa's Dumpling House on Eldridge. Followed by TaiPan Bakery on Canal for coffee and sweet bread, and then Little Italy for a refreshment {aka Sangria} + Cannolis. We chatted and bopped and shopped and caught up. THEN we headed to my favorite bar in the city...8 Mile Creek. Well, maybe it's not my absolute favorite, but I really really really like it. It's an Australian pub and the bartender, Ravi, makes up a mean cocktail. Emily met up with us here, we said farewell to Gina, and then Corks and I headed uptown to meet with NICOLE GORTON who'd just flown in from California. No, she didn't fly in to see Caribou in concert, but she did fly in to catch the Igor swell. Yep, she's pretty amazing. Danced it up, laughed it up, said our farewells. I crashed at Em's new place in Brooklyn {Greenpoint} and it's ammmmaaazing. Lots of light, lots of space. Corks had to go to work, and after I finish this blog I'm going to pack it up and start checking out the new neighborhood. Going to be meeting up with Nicole for lunch @ Cafe Habana and I cannot WAIT to eat their delicious grilled corn.






Jaunt #2: NANTUCKET, a short jaunt visiting my Uncle Sean in this awesome NorthEast coast town :) Details to
come...

No comments:

Post a Comment