not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Power of Food.


Dinner parties galor!!

As many of you may have realized, I love food. I love cooking it, eating it, preparing it, buying it -- and above all, sharing it. I have shared a dinner table with people from India, Panama, Japan, Spain, Norway, Germany...all corners of the world! Food brings people together. It relax's them, comforts them and put rather simply - makes them happy! James Beard said that "Food is our common ground, a universal experience". How true, and how close to my heart. Preparing a meal is my way of showing love - opening my home {or sometimes hostel, or shack, or temporary house} and connecting with people. Whether it be coffee or an exquisite four course meal, I am so thankful for those that I've been able to share this passion with.



Ladie's Dinner in Encinitas: green pea soup, curry apple salad, grilled steak and sauteed brussel sprouts.




Galapagos Islands: Aboard wooden sailboat, Sulidae: I'd make coffee every morning for the crew and all the guests - using my old tank top. It was very tedious, but I refused for us to drink instant coffee!

Hermosa Beach, CR: Dinner party @ Noah's. Big pot of Coconut Curry.


Banos, Ecuador: Bar {from Israel} and I made dinner for the hostel. Australians, Americans, South Africans.

Panama: A huge feast on Juan's farm...all food from the property.

Esterillos Oeste: Casa Amarilla, dinner party {one of many}


Esterillos Oeste: Wake up at 4:45am, make coffee and then deliver it to my friends in bed. Watch the sunrise.

Dominical, CR: Dad and Me, cheffing it up -- every night!

South Jersey: FRIED CLAMS!

Casa de Adam...cooking up some goodies.


While I was cruising for a quote about sharing food I found this great quote about garlic, I couldn't agree more!

Dazza's House, Encinitas CA. BBQ.




No comments:

Post a Comment